Trends, pricing and standards for white paper writers.
The findings of the industry's only major study of white paper writers are revealed in our new 57-page report entitled, White Paper Writer Industry Report: Second Edition.
Released in March 2007, this groundbreaking study surveyed nearly 600 white paper writers.
Recommended by best-selling authors Robert W. Bly (author of The Copywriter's Handbook) and Peter Bowerman (author of The Well-Fed Writer), this report provides important insight for any writer seeking to master white papers.
The study examines trends in the white paper industry and reveals how white papers are written, distributed, structured and billed.
If you are a freelance writer, this report will help you understand how much to charge when writing a white paper, how much time it takes to produce a white paper and what the standards are.
If you produce white papers for your company, this report reveals the most common approaches to writing and distributing white papers, reveals the time commitment involved and identifies what it costs to outsource white paper projects.
Get your copy now.
The comprehensive report reveals:
Benefits you will gain from this report:
- How freelance writers charge for their services
- How much time is spent producing white papers
- Why white papers are produced
- The processes involved in writing white papers
- Challenges faced by white paper writers
- Philosophies adopted when writing white papers
- The difficulty associated with different parts of the production process
- Advice for beginning white paper writers
- How white papers are used
- How white papers are distributed
- The types of white papers written
- The length of white papers
- The use of special features (such as abstracts) in white papers
- The differences among freelance, in-house and non-professional writers
- How experience impacts all of the above items
- Determine industry standards for billing white papers
- Accurately estimate the time it takes to produce a white paper
- Identify the latest trends for white paper content and distribution
- Understand the unique challenges of freelance and in-house writers, as well as non-professional writers (such as engineers)
- Gain access to suggestions for writers based on hundreds of open-ended responses
NEW: Includes the top 10 tips for new white paper writers. These tips are based on over 300 open-ended responses to the question, "What is the single best piece of advice you would provide a beginning white paper writer?"
Order your copy today.
"This report will surely be heralded as the insider's view to all that is white paper formulation, creation and strategy. The findings are significant for both marketers and white paper writers," declared journalist and professional copywriter Nettie Hartsock.
"Bravo! You should be highly commended for this report... This report is of high quality, conveys key information about our industry, and most importantly addresses many commonly held myths about what white papers are and what they are not," explained veteran white paper author Jonathan Kantor.
"This study provides a 'behind the scenes' perspective on how white paper writers think about what goes into creating a credible and noteworthy piece of content," stated Heather Foster, director of marketing for white paper syndication company KnowledgeStorm.
"The study was eye-opening... I also didn't realize the time investment for creating a well-done, professional white paper," explained Lori Richardson, a professional speaker, author and coach.
"This is a 'must read' for technical writers or marcom writers," explained Derek Torres, founder of a technical communications consultancy.
The report is authored by Michael A. Stelzner, one of the world's leading authorities on white papers.
This report is available in multiple formats and bundles:
SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Your satisfaction is 100 percent guaranteed or your money will be refunded. Please contact us within 90 days of purchase for a refund.
For questions, please email email@example.com